Jul 21, 2012

Chicken Dance

Okay, so we go to Kroger nearly every Saturday morning to get our groceries for the week.  I always feel kind of bad for the people hawking samples along the isles.  I really don't want to taste the new cracker flavor or low calerie juice., etc., etc.  This week there was a table set up with samples of rotisserie chicken.  Well, my husband politely turned down a sample and the lady pushing samples looked hopefully at me to I said that sure, I would take a sample.  She smiled and said that they were also having a chicken contest and I could fill out this form to put my name in the next drawning.  I quickly filled out my name and we moved on to the next isle.  Halfway through the store we hear an announcement over the loud speaker.  Marla Green has won a free chicken.   I quickly went through the store to the deli counter to claim my prize chicken...trying to remain incognito in case this drew some kind of cheering crowd or something.  There was not a crowd...just all the deli workers who promptly started humming the chicken dance and goaded the sample hawker into doing the chicken dance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment